November 18, 2004
Chimney Sparks Roof Fire At Norton Home
The Scotland County Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at the Danny Norton residence north of Memphis at approximately 5:15 p.m. November 15.
Sparks from the chimney of the home were believed to have started a small fire on the roof of the home. Firemen were able to scale the building and extinguish the blaze with minimal damage to the home. The departmentís thermal imager device was utilized to minimize water damage to the home, as the fire source was pinpointed and quickly extinguished.
The department rolled six fire trucks to the scene with more than 20 firemen responding to the call. They were on the scene approximately 30 minutes.